From yacht crew to yacht cru!
Upskill during your time at Genoa Superyacht Hub
Kicking off Q2 here at the Genoa Yacht Training Academy at Genoa Superyacht Hub we have two exciting courses designed especially for yacht interior crew.
Wine Consultant and Certified WSET Educator Hannah Lunn will be joining us to run these two courses aimed at different levels of wine knowledge. And where better to get in some serious wine training hours than Genoa – strategically located between some of the world’s most renowned wine regions – Tuscany, Piedmont and Lombardy.
Our first entry level course will be held from 1pm to 5.30pm on Tuesday 12th April at Waterfront Marina:
YACHT CREW WINE STARTER PACK – LEVEL 1
5 hours of masterclasses aimed at beginners
• Wine Tasting Level 1 – How to Taste – Learn how to identify and describe a wine’s structure, aroma and flavour profile. We will be looking at different wine styles and how to calibrate the palate.
• Food + Wine Pairing Level 1 – Learn the basics behind food and wine pairing interactions. Understand how positive and negative reactions occur and why classic combinations exist.
• The Wine Tool Kit – Learn about service temperatures, glassware and fault detection plus some important decanting and storage tips. We will finish with a ‘how to open a bottle of sparkling wine’ demo
Course price 169€ pp, including all materials and certificate. Free parking is available at Waterfront Marina.
The day after, on Wednesday 13th April 2022, from 9am to 5pm, always at Waterfront Marina we will proceed with
YACHT CREW WINE PRO PACK – LEVEL 2
7 hours of masterclasses aimed at those already working with wine in some capacity
• Wine Tasting Level 2a – Important White Grapes: tasting through the white grapes a stew needs to know about, with a focus on classic on-board choices. It covers grape characteristics, winemaking, famous regions and labelling terms.
• Wine Tasting Level 2b – Important Red Grapes: tasting through the red grapes a stew needs to know about, with a focus on classic on-board choices. It covers grape characteristics, winemaking, famous regions and labelling terms.
• Food + Wine Pairing Level 2 – Learn how to pair food and wine based on texture, intensity and flavour. Understand the concepts of complimenting vs. contrasting and how to apply these when pairing.
• Food + Wine Pairing Level 3 – Understand how the meal as a whole should be approached when pairing wine. Learn what influences whether a wine will enhance or take away from the dining experience. Covering cooking techniques, sauces, fat and protein.
Course price 229€ pp, including lunch, all materials and certificate. Free parking is available at Waterfront Marina.
How to reserve your place: send an email to email@example.com specifying which course you are interested in, together with your name and surname, email, contact number and current location.
Enjoy these relaxed courses “sipping, learning and laughing” whilst upskilling at the same time during your stay in Genoa – and building that curriculum!